A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days

A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days - Hallo sahabat Chocolate and Capriblue, Pada Artikel yang anda baca kali ini dengan judul A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days, kami telah mempersiapkan artikel ini dengan baik untuk anda baca dan ambil informasi didalamnya. mudah-mudahan isi postingan yang kami tulis ini dapat anda pahami. baiklah, selamat membaca.

Judul : A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days
link : A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days

Baca juga


A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days

A little glitz always makes me happy.  I can't think of a better way to ward off the rainy day blues than with a bit of shimmer.  The reflection of light off silver reminds me of sunlight bouncing off the white caps of a restless ocean.  In the midst of autumn browns and golds, a bit of light, a touch of pink, and bright whites add a cheerfulness to an otherwise ordinary week.

My mother loved shiny things as well, and she used to make Christmas tree ornaments from costume jewelry.  I hope to feature them soon, as the holidays are right around the corner.  Doesn't it seem that Christmas comes earlier every year?  I haven't even gotten around to Halloween and Thanksgiving yet... if I could only get someone to help me get those boxes down.  Hmmmm....

This week we are in the dining room!  Yippeee!  I can leave the table "dressed up" for a while!
I purchased these dishes in an antique shop many years ago. 

The tablecloth is a white on white damask, and I found this grasscloth-like silver runner in Pier 1 a few years back.  I love that it was long, and trimmed in black.

The centerpiece sits atop a silver mirrored cake stand, and is multi-tiered.  The lower level is an arrangement made from white & pink grocery store roses, vinca and greenery from the yard.  The upper level holds votive candles.

The china is Elegance by Fashion Royale.

The silver goblets were a Christmas gift to my mother from her sister and were purchased at Best Products.

The silver-trimmed napkins (from TJ Maxx) are doubled up with a shimmery silver napkin (Tuesday Morning).  The crystal napkin rings were my mother's.
The crystal wines are Gorham, not sure of the pattern, but I found them at a consignment store and bought them because they were very similar to the crystal I picked out as a bride, which is Crown Point.


Crystal salt cellars were my Mom's and the silverplate flatware is Repousse (I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling)

A few table gems were added to reflect more light.
The crystal salad plates also came from my mom, but I don't know the name or manufacturer.  Do you?  I'll show you a close up of the etchings.




I guess it's time to light the candles...



Last look...

Have a great week, thanks for coming by!  Please leave a comment as I strive for A Perfect Setting!!


Demikianlah Artikel A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days

Sekianlah artikel A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days kali ini, mudah-mudahan bisa memberi manfaat untuk anda semua. baiklah, sampai jumpa di postingan artikel lainnya.

Anda sekarang membaca artikel A Perfect Setting for Gloomy Days dengan alamat link http://chocolateandcapriblue.blogspot.com/2010/09/a-perfect-setting-for-gloomy-days.html

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :