A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold

A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold - Hallo sahabat Chocolate and Capriblue, Pada Artikel yang anda baca kali ini dengan judul A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold, kami telah mempersiapkan artikel ini dengan baik untuk anda baca dan ambil informasi didalamnya. mudah-mudahan isi postingan yang kami tulis ini dapat anda pahami. baiklah, selamat membaca.

Judul : A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold
link : A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold

Baca juga


A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold

My mother's younger sister and her family lived beside us while I was growing up.  We lovingly called her 'Sissy', and she had two sons, one my age and one around 6 years older.  When her boys were 3 and 9, their father died of a brain tumor.  My father became like a second father figure to the boys, and the family naturally became a part of ours.  They ate meals with us, they went on vacations with us, and we supported each other in more ways than I can say.  Sissy was a strong lady, and she was loved by all who met her.  She knew no strangers, and she loved all of us with a passion.  She and my Mom became entrepreneurs, as Sissy struggled to take care of her sons.  They had a sandwich shop, a 'junk' shop, an antique business, and finally, a florist business.  They never made much money, but they sure had a lot of fun.  I believe the stress of trying to make ends meet got to her, and she died of heart disease in 1979 when she was in her mid-fifties.  She was a talented lady, and it is hard to sum up her life in a few paragraphs. 

My Mother told me she cried for a year after Sissy died.  They were best friends, and had a bond unlike no other.  All of us, Sissy's nieces and nephews, and her sons, took a little of her with us--some more than others (wink), and we all miss her more than words can say.

I am using Sissy's wine glasses, salt and peppers, and candlesticks, which are now vintage Avon.  As I pulled them out of the box, I could still smell the perfumed scent.

Welcome!

I used this white cloth with gold design that I found on sale at Home Goods a few weeks ago.

I found these plates at an antique store, they do not have any markings on them.  I believe they are fairly new.  I loved the cherub and I will use them for Christmas and for Valentine's.

Along with the Avon stems, I used my Lenox crystal (I think it's Lenox, not sure) with the gold rim.

The dinner plate is my Lenox Courtyard.  It is ivory and has a gold rim, with a delicate swirly white design around the edges.  The design is hard to see in the photographs...




Napkin rings are silver with a gold bow, and were purchased at Stein Mart years ago.

I used red roses and filled in with whatever I could find in the yard--sprayed gold.

I used my cherub bowl, and added table gems to the bottom for sparkle. 


I love the painted faces on these little guys!





Sideboard...


Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me!  I always enjoy hearing from you! 



Demikianlah Artikel A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold

Sekianlah artikel A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold kali ini, mudah-mudahan bisa memberi manfaat untuk anda semua. baiklah, sampai jumpa di postingan artikel lainnya.

Anda sekarang membaca artikel A Perfect Setting's Red and Gold dengan alamat link http://chocolateandcapriblue.blogspot.com/2011/02/a-perfect-setting-red-and-gold.html

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :