A Perfect Setting for Brunch

A Perfect Setting for Brunch - Hallo sahabat Chocolate and Capriblue, Pada Artikel yang anda baca kali ini dengan judul A Perfect Setting for Brunch, kami telah mempersiapkan artikel ini dengan baik untuk anda baca dan ambil informasi didalamnya. mudah-mudahan isi postingan yang kami tulis ini dapat anda pahami. baiklah, selamat membaca.

Judul : A Perfect Setting for Brunch
link : A Perfect Setting for Brunch

Baca juga


A Perfect Setting for Brunch

Did you notice my new blog header?  I'd like to give a big shout of thanks to The Tablescaper and Vicki at Curly Willow for making it happen!  Vicki designed this lovely header and I won it through The Tablescaper.  Please visit their beautiful blogs and let them know what you think!!

When I was married in the 80's, I received a place settings for four of Johann Haviland's Blue Garland, plus many accessory pieces.  Later I found out this was "grocery store" china, so I packed it away, even though I thought the design was very pretty and delicate.  Last year, as I was beginning to blog, I was roaming around in a thrift store and came across a set of the Blue Garland.  There were 60 some pieces, and it was priced at $32.  I couldn't pass it up.  Recently I found another set at an antique mall and bought more, so now I have a collection, with placesettings for 18.  Now I know this is plentiful, I have seen it on numerous occasions while visiting Susan's "Tabletop Thursday", but I think it's a pretty pattern, better quality than you will find in most stores these days, and if I have a big dinner party, I can really dress it up or down.

I finally had a real occasion to set a pretty table--my mil was in town with her husband and sister, so I invited them to brunch.  It was also my son's 18th birthday, but in his usual style, he did not want a big fuss.  I decided to use my Blue Garland.  I even had my buffet ready in advance and I was all prepared to spend the extra few minutes snapping photos.  Of course, that was when my camera decided the batteries needed to be changed.  Not a big deal, except I knew my guests were coming any second.  I was able to get two food shots before it died.  Oh well!!  I re-created the table later after the dishes were washed, added candles, and added clean napkins. 
I added the candles and took a few shots later in the day.

I used a blue tablecloth, with battenburg placemats and runner.

Since this was a brunch, I did not use chargers.

A close-up shot of the Blue Garland china.

I used Mikasa's Park Lane crystal for the water and mimosas.

I used white tulips as the centerpiece, on a platter, and added pearls.


Silverplate is Repousse.



Sugar & creamer.




One of the two food shots I got before the camera died--this is 'Breakfast Before' casserole.  Yummy, but not exactly lowfat...

Monkey bread, delish!  Other menu items included vanilla yogurt with berries and granola, fresh fruit, bacon, mimosas and coffee! 

Funny thing, after my hubby's family arrived, his aunt was complimenting the table, and I told her a bit about the china.  She has been in the grocery store industry for years and has this china!  She said it was boxed up, she had given it to her daughter, who passed away recently, and as soon as she got it back, she wanted me to have it!  How nice!  I need to get busy building shelves for my china closet lol!  Have a great week-end, and thanks for visiting with me as I strive for A Perfect Setting!!


Demikianlah Artikel A Perfect Setting for Brunch

Sekianlah artikel A Perfect Setting for Brunch kali ini, mudah-mudahan bisa memberi manfaat untuk anda semua. baiklah, sampai jumpa di postingan artikel lainnya.

Anda sekarang membaca artikel A Perfect Setting for Brunch dengan alamat link http://chocolateandcapriblue.blogspot.com/2011/03/a-perfect-setting-for-brunch.html

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :